RenOnBill and EuroPACE team up for a webinar: Putting the EU Green Deal in Action
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of Europeans are spending nearly 100% of their time indoors. It is time to take a closer look at the energy efficiency, comfort and health of our homes and apartment buildings.
According to BPIE, nearly all buildings in Europe require renovation. In fact, buildings consume 40% of energy and emit 36% of CO2 emissions.
Without effective home renovation programs and innovative financing models, it won’t be possible to meet the goals set out in the EU Green Deal. This webinar highlights two European Commission-funded projects supporting the objectives of the EU Green Deal: EuroPACE and RenOnBill. The initiatives demonstrate innovative financing tools that intend to de-couple financing from an individual by securing it by the property and attaching it to a utility bill.
Both projects demonstrate that a concerted effort between the public and private sectors is required to upscale sustainable home renovation and meet the goals of the EU Green Deal. After all, dramatically increasing the rate of sustainable home renovation is an opportunity to achieve both decarbonisation targets and create vibrant, resilient communities able to better withstand the impact of climate change.
What you will learn:
What is home-based financing and the HolaDomus pilot program in Catalonia
- What are on-bill schemes and the goals of the RenOnBill project
- What role does innovative financing play in the implementation of the EU Green Deal
EU cities, regions, policymakers, investors, and sustainable finance professionals
- 12:00 – 12:15 Welcome and introduction from the chair, Jessica Glicker, Project Manager, BPIE: An overview of the policy and renovation landscape in Europe and the role of financing in upscaling home renovation. A snapshot comparison of home-based financing and on-bill schemes.
- 12:15 – 12:40 Residential building renovations with on-bill schemes - RenOnBill project, by Adriana Villoslada, Business Developer for Creara International
- 12:40 – 13:05 Unlocking the market for eco-sustainable home renovation - EuroPACE project, by Kristina Klimovich, Head of Advisory and Consulting, GNE Finance
- 13:05 – 13:30 Wrap-up and Q&A – led by Jessica Glicker, Project Manager, BPIE