RenOnBill Final conference: towards the implementation of on-bill and other innovative financing schemes for upscaling energy renovation in the EU
The RenOnBill final conference closes three years of achievement and results in the field of innovative financing schemes for energy renovation of residential buildings. The programme will tell the story of this H2020 research and innovation project, highlighting main results and preparing the floor for the exploitation of the outputs, with external guests sharing their views and experience.
The first session will give an introduction on the project and on-bill schemes, highlight the impact on-bill schemes and other innovative financing schemes could have on the targets of the current EU policy framework (Renovation Wave, Fitfor55, etc.), and present best-practice from abroad.
The second session will deep dive into the exploitable results of RenOnBill, with presentations on the experiences of the three pilot utilities of the project, and on the way forward from the policy and commercial perspectives.
The event will be in English and will be held in Brussels and online. The RenOnBill final conference is an event connected to the H2020 project AUNA, aimed at upscaling the dialogue on the financing of sustainable building renovation.
Moderator: Emilio Miguel Mitre, GBCe (AUNA H2020)
Session 1: Introduction to the EU regulatory context, on-bill and other innovative financing schemes
- 8:30 Welcome coffee
- 09:00 Welcome by the moderator- Emilio Miguel Mitre, GBCe (AUNA H2020)
- 9:10 Introduction to RenOnBill and on-bill schemes - David Pérez, Creara
- 09:20 The EU regulatory context, with a special focus on the proposal for the revision of the EPBD - Thibault Roy, Policy Officer, European Commission
- 09:35 Importance of Integrated Home Renovation Services to support Homeowners and innovative financing schemes - Christophe Milin, Project Officer, European Commission
- 9:50 Keys to implement consumer-friendly OBS in the EU - Guillaume Joly (BEUC)
- 10:05 Panel discussion
Christophe Milin, Project Officer, European Commission
Guillaume Joly (BEUC)
Isidoro Tapia, European Investment Bank
Mariangiola Fabbri (BPIE)
- Paolo Michele Sonvilla, adelphi
- 10:30 Coffee break
Session 2: The RenOnBill experience: Quo vadis?
- 10:45 Methodology and tool behind the RenOnBill pilots Vincenzo Bianco, UNIGE
- 11:15 On-bill schemes in the EU put into practice Presentations from the three RenOnBill partner utilities Feníe (ES), Bluenergy (IT), Kauno (LT)
- 11:45 Regulatory recommendations on the way forward - Lukáš Dravecký, BPIE
- 12:00 Panel discussion
José Maria Marcos, Feníe (Spain)
Rimas Perevičius, Kauno energija (Lithuania)
Carlo Chittaro, Bluenergy (Italy)
Joost Declerck, Belfius Bank (BE)
Vincenzo Bianco (UNIGE)
- 12:25 Conclusion David Pérez, Creara
- 12:30 Lunch and networking
- 13:30 END
Watch the recordings
Download the slides